Location: Warkworth, Snells Beach, Algies Bay
Status: Design – consents granted 2017
In order to service growth in the north-east Workworth area, we will be constructing a modern new treatment plant at the site of the existing Snells Beach plant.
- Wastewater from Warkworth will go to the new Snells Beach plant via a new pipeline and pump stations. This route is still to be finalised.
- The discharge of treated wastewater into Mahurangi Harbour will cease.
- The upgraded ocean outfall will discharge about 600 metres off the coast, to the south of Martins Bay into the Hauraki Channel.
- The existing Warkworth Wastewater Treatment Plant will be closed once the new plant is built.
What are the benefits?
- The new plant will cater for the growing population expected in this area.
- Advanced technology will produce very high-quality treated wastewater suitable for discharge into the Hauraki Gulf.
- Future-proof for growth beyond 2051.
Newsletter (July 2016)