Start - finish:
March – July 2018
Cape Hill, Pukekohe
In March we will begin to build a new pump station and watermains in the Cape Hill boosted zone in Pukekohe. This project will increase network capacity to meet current demand and future population growth, improve water pressure and resilience of the water supply network in Cape Hill.
Auckland Council has granted consent for this project. The new pump station will be built in Ina Ville Drive Reserve at 20 Twomey Drive (an Auckland Council drainage reserve). New watermains will be built along Twomey Drive up to the intersection of Valley Road and from the Totara Water Reservoir, in Roseville Reserve, along Ngahere Road to the intersection with East Street.
What are the benefits?
The project will increase water pressure and allow for future population growth.
The new Cape Hill Pump Station final design, situated in Ina Ville Drive Reserve.
How will this work affect you?
- Traffic management will be in place during the construction works
- Access to properties will remain open during the works
- Construction areas will be fenced for public safety
- Recreational access to the reserve will be maintained for the duration of the construction
- Working hours will be 7.30am to 7pm, Monday to Friday; and Saturday 8am to 5.30pm
Velupillai Thavarajah (Thava), Project Manager - Construction, Watercare
09 539 7881
Start of works residents' letter (February 2018)