June 2018 - June 2020
This project involves several works:
- Building a wastewater pipeline which will act as a 4000m³ storage tunnel. Most of the work will be below ground.
- Replacing the wastewater pump station in Maybury Reserve.
- Upgrading local branch sewers near Tāmaki College.
- Building a new wastewater overflow chamber and outlet.
When the work is finished we will demolish the current pipes and structures in Auckland Council parks land and the Glen Innes Play Centre.
What are the benefits?
- Upgrading the wastewater transmission capacity to serve the growing population, particularly as Auckland Council and the government have identified parts of Glen Innes as a Special Housing Area.
- Removing old and exposed wastewater pipes and equipment, which will improve the appearance of the public amenity.
- Replacing old wastewater pipes, to reduce the risk of pipeline failure.
- Reducing wastewater overflows into the local waterways, helping to improve public health and environmental quality.
How will this work affect you?
- Some traffic layout changes will be in place during construction – we will provide advance notice to help minimise disruption
- Access to businesses and residents will remain open during the works
- Construction will be fenced for the safety of the public
- Working hours will be 7am-6pm, Monday to Saturday
Elstree Avenue traffic management
Works currently being carried out around Taniwha Street and Elstree Avenue require traffic management. Short sections of the roads are reduced to one lane, there is no north bound access along Elstree Avenue to Taniwha Street and street parking has also been removed. Pedestrian access will remain open during the works with some diversions in place. We expect to return to two-way traffic in early 2020 (March/April). There will be some further traffic management along Taniwha street throughout the year, but two-way traffic will be maintained from March/April. We appreciate your patience.
Please contact the Glen Innes wastewater projects upgrade team
Phone: 09 442 2222 (ask to speak with one of the upgrades team)
Glen Innes wastewater upgrades flyer (October 2019)
Glen Innes wastewater upgrades flyer (May 2018)