Start finish: February 2019 – late 2020
Location: Lawsons Creek, near Moiré Park, Massey
Several sections of pipe have now been installed in the park, and all manholes have been installed. The remaining section of pipe will be completed by micro-tunnel later this year. The Allington Road tunnelling work has been delayed due to unexpected ground conditions. We are now researching an alternative route and will continue tunnelling once additional ground testing and permissions have been completed. The completed pipeline will create additional capacity to cater for growth in West Harbour and help reduce wastewater overflows into the environment.
How will this work affect you?
- Some areas will be fenced off for public safety in areas where construction will take place
- There will be truck movements inside the park. Please follow all signs and stay safe in areas marked for truck movements
- There will be road works on Allington Road. Traffic management will be in place
- Some park access ways will be closed when installing the pipeline
- Alternative route options will be signposted for pedestrians during all closures
Please contact our contractor at Pipeline and Civil