May 2022 – mid 2023
Manawa Wetland, 6 Margan Avenue, New Lynn
Our contractor, Pipeline and Civil hope to start work on the pump station from the 11 May and the work will take approximately 12 months to complete. They will first start by establishing site offices and putting up the site fencing. As part of our consent condition for the project, the site fencing is required to be 3m high to help minimise noise for surrounding receivers during construction.
The upgrades will involve:
- An additional pump installed in the underground portion of the pump station
- A new replacement switch room moved from the underground part of the pump station to above ground
- Replace the existing transformer with two new and higher rating transformers
The upgrades will mean opening up the roof of the underground portion of the pump station for access and permanently expanding the current above ground part of the pump station to cater for the new switch room. The new part of the building will be constructed with the same façade as the current pump station to blend in.
How will this work affect you?
- Working hours will be 7am to 6pm from Monday to Friday, and 8am to 6pm on Saturday.
- The works will generate some construction related noise; however, levels will be kept to a minimum and in accordance with the levels approved by Auckland Council. A noise wall will be installed to help minimise noise from the site for residents and park users.
- There will be an increase in work vehicles and equipment at the site during the work.
- Access to the park will be maintained at all times, however some of the park will be temporarily closed around the construction area. The site will be fenced for public safety. Please stay clear of the construction site and beware of construction vehicles entering and exiting the site.
- To undertake the works, one native Kowhai tree will need to be removed, however, once the works are completed we will plant two native trees such as Kowhai to replace the tree removed. We will take measures to protect other trees near the worksite during the works.
- At the end of the works, we will reinstate the park to the same or better condition than prior to the works taking place.
Please email us at: [email protected]
To sign up for updates, click here
New Lynn Pump Station water upgrades: Project newsletter March 2022.