Start-finish: October 2018 - 2010
Location: 108 Runciman Road – corner of Runciman and Rutherford Roads, Pukekohe East
Status: Construction of reservoir 1: late 2018-2020
In October, we will start building a new water reservoir at 108 Runciman Road, Pukekohe East. Reservoirs are built to store water, to ensure there is enough for Aucklanders to consume. In order to meet population growth and to make sure there is enough water, we will build the first of two reservoirs during the next two years. The second reservoir will be built when needed to meet demand. To ensure the reservoirs blend into the natural environment, advance planting has been done and we will do further landscaping and planting following the construction.
We will also be carrying out work at two locations along Runciman Road to allow the Pukekohe East Reservoir project to be commissioned once construction is complete. This preliminary work is being done during the spring school holidays to minimise disruption, and is expected to last 8 weeks.
- There will be stop-go traffic management set up on Runciman Road to allow the works to be carried out safely
- Access to and from driveways that fall within the works traffic management will be accommodated by the contractor.
What are the benefits?
The new reservoirs will:
- Cater for increased water demand as the region’s population grows
- Help us maintain a secure supply of water
- Allow us to continue maintaining other parts of the water network.
Newsletter (October 2018)
Newsletter (February 2016)
Newsletter (September 2015)