First stage of the project
October 2021 –2024
Redoubt Road and Mill Road, Manukau
The Redoubt Road complex, approximately 21 hectares in size, was initially constructed in 1973 to provide up to eight reservoirs. Currently, two reservoirs are in service providing 80% of Auckland’s water demands.
With the anticipated growth of Auckland and increased demand on water supply, we are looking to expand the existing Redoubt Road reservoir complex by constructing additional water storage reservoirs. The expansion project currently covers the construction and connection of one new reservoir at the Redoubt reservoir complex, including establishment of a long-term access road off Mill Road. The project will be completed in two stages:
- Stage One - Oct 2021-mid 2022: Earthworks to establish an additional access road off Mill Road, Manukau (see red line on map below)
- Stage Two - mid 2022-2024: Construction of additional water storage reservoir (see green shaded box on the map below)
How will it affect you?
- Working hours will be between 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and 8am to 5pm on Saturdays.
- You may notice an increase in truck movements.
- Temporary traffic management will be in place around work reas for the safety of motorists, pedestrians and workers while a new entrance off Mill Rd is constructed. A reduced speed limit of 50km/hr on a 370m section of Mill Rd will be in place for the duration of the project.
If you have any questions regarding this project, please contact us at [email protected]