Start: Mid 2017 to late 2018
Location: Wairau Road
The Wairau Road wastewater network is ageing and needs to be replaced. In order to upgrade the network, a new one-metre-diameter wastewater pipeline will be installed underneath Wairau Road. Underground pipe installation methods will be used in order to minimise disruption to commuters.
The existing wastewater pipeline was installed in the 1960s and needs to be replaced. These upgrades are a key component of our long-term strategy to improve Auckland’s wastewater infrastructure, prepare for forecast population growth and improve service levels. Installation of the new pipe has been progressing well and we are in the final stages of the project. Final commissioning and connections to the new pipe are being completed.
Read the latest update on the project.
What are the benefits?
- Upgrades will allow for future population growth
- Extensive engineering work has been done to identify the best construction option to minimise traffic disruption
- Traffic assessments have been done to minimise disruption during construction
How will project works affect you?
- We are working with the appointed contractor and Auckland Transport to establish a comprehensive traffic management plan
- We will work closely with businesses and residents to provide advance notice and help to minimise any disruption
- Some traffic layout changes will be in place during construction
Project manager: Mahinda Attanayake
Phone: 0274 890 468
Project flyer (28 July 2017)