As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we want to assure you that you'll continue to receive safe drinking water and effective wastewater services. To prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community and reduce the risk of exposure to our staff and the public, we will not be meeting visitors in person during the lockdown period.
For information on how we're approaching the COVID-19 situation, click here to read our fact sheet.
With the country going into a state of lockdown from 11.59pm on Wednesday 25th March, we are making some changes to the way we operate. The list below details what these changes are and how they will impact you.
Changes to the way we operate
Your monthly bill will be estimated based on the average of the last two actual reads recorded. This is because:
- Our meter reading team will not be out and about; and
- We must follow physical distancing guidelines.
If you have sent us a query or payment via post, we are not able to receive these during the lockdown period due to physical distancing. This means there will be a delay in actioning these queries/payments.
- If you have an urgent leak or wastewater issue please call us on 09 442 2222 and press 1
- All leaks are attended to in order of priority/safety and not necessarily in the order they are logged. If a leak you have reported gets worse, please let us know via phone so we can advise our crew.
- Click here to report a non-urgent fault.
During this time, we’ll be focusing on critical water and wastewater operations. This means non-urgent and non-essential services will be postponed. If you have a scheduled installation and believe it is essential work, please contact 09 442 2222 (select option 4, then option 2) so we can determine if the connection can progress. We will assess it based on the information you provide. If the work is deemed essential, the usual process will apply and payment will be required. Then we will begin the physical work to install your meter.
For all works deemed non-essential, the standard process will apply when physical works resume.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 09 442 2222 (option 4).
If you experience a significant private plumbing leak, many local plumbers will be available for essential repairs. Essential repairs are classed as 'work related to critical infrastructure, or services immediately needed to maintain human health and safety at home or work'. Click here
for more information on the services defined as essential.
Property managers and solicitors
If you require a final meter reading, we are offering two options:
- Estimate the final bill based on the date supplied and the previous usage; or
- Email a photo of the meter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will calculate the bill.
We will do our very best to support Aucklanders during this difficult time. If you need to contact us on a matter not listed above, please email email@example.com
or click here
to access our customer forms.