Check out the free lessons on offer:
The New Zealand curriculum identifies five key competencies:
All our water lessons all include practical sessions, field trips or experiments. These activities are done in pairs or small groups, sometimes with parent helpers. Students have the opportunity to practise, develop and hone their key competency skills during these sessions, and afterwards by using the supporting materials.
Each online lesson page includes links to the curriculum.
DIY Freshwater Detectives™ kit
Schools can purchase our Freshwater Detectives™ kit, which allows teachers to run their own water quality lessons. Find out more.
Children's book Sam and Flo's Watery Adventure
Sam and Flo’s Amazing Watery Adventure
is a storybook written by our education co-ordinator Sally Smith which tells the story of Sam and a water drop called “Flo” as they go on a fantasy quest to find out where their drinking water comes from. The book was a finalist in Best Primary Resource category at the 2018 Copyright Licensing Education Awards. People can order Sam and Flo's Amazing Watery Adventure
by emailing their order and details to email@example.com
. Books cost $29.95 each.
Interested in a science lesson?
You can book a lesson with our experienced teacher Sarah Slater. Please email the information below to Sarah.Slater@water.co.nz.
1. What is your name and phone number?
2. What is your school’s name and address?
3. How many classes, in which year groups, would like to receive lessons?
4. What lessons is each year group interested in? (e.g. drinking water)
5. What weeks would you like to receive lessons? If you are interested in the water quality or bugs lessons, please let us know what weeks you would like to receive the class-based lessons and what weeks you would like to take the field trips.
6. Are there any days that do not suit? (e.g. assembly day or Bible-class day)
7. What is your school’s daily timetable? Please let us know the start and finish times of lessons as well as morning tea and lunch break times.