A couple of important points:
- If you have a rain water or grey water tank you can use that water as you wish ie: you can connect a hose to those tanks and wash your car or boat etc.
- The restrictions only apply when connected to the metropolitan water supply network.
If you're wanting to report a person or company for misusing water, click the button below.
Unsure whether the restrictions apply to you? Click the map to view our metropolitan supply area.
To find out more about residential or commercial water restrictions, click the relevant button.
About the drought
Since the start of the year, the region has received significantly less rainfall than normal. This is having a big impact on our water supply. On 15th April, the total volume of water stored in our dams dropped below 50 per cent for the first time in more than 25 years. We desperately need to preserve what’s left. Please use water wisely and reduce wastage of this precious resource by:
- Keeping your showers short (four minutes or less)
- Run your washing machine and dishwasher only when they’re full
- Don’t wash your car
- Don’t water blast your house
- Don’t hose your lawn
One thing we do want you to do is keep washing your hands to combat COVID-19.
Want to do your bit and become a water saving superhero?
Click the photo above for more information on why you should be saving 20 litres a day and how easy it is to do your bit.
The information below provides insight into the seriousness of the drought and why restrictions are in place.