Looking for other content in this section?

Payment difficulties

If you are having difficulty paying your water bill, please contact us as we may be able to help. There are several options available to help make paying your account easier. 

How we collect payments, follow up and can assist you is outlined in our debt management code of practice.

Payment arrangements

We can help you set up a payment arrangement so you can pay your overdue bill in installments that are within your budget. 

Social agency assistance

You may be entitled to assistance from Work and Income. Contact them on 0800 559 009. 

Budgeting advice

The New Zealand Federation of Family Budgeting Services offer helpful, free budgeting advice. There are also a number of other help agencies such as the Citizens Advice Bureau and www.sorted.org.nz.  

Water Utility Consumer Assistance Trust

The Water Utility Consumer Assistance Trust provides financial support to residential customers of Watercare who are struggling to manage their water and wastewater costs.
Visit the Trust’s website for information about:
  • How the Trust can help
  • Who is eligible to be considered for help
  • How to apply