Control of work system
As a Watercare contractor, it’s essential that you and your staff work safely on our sites and assets at all times. If you need to work on one of our sites, you will need to provide a work pack detailing the scope of your work, the hazards and risks involved and the planned controls to ensure that the work will be undertaken safely.
Work pack requirements
Our control of work system is made up of three critical risk-management processes which support effective work planning and safe execution. These processes make up the components of your work pack.
- Risk assessment
- Permit to work
- Isolation of energy sources
As the person in charge of the work, you are responsible for developing the work pack and returning it to your Watercare representative. Refer: Control of work - user manual
- Scope the work and fill in the job safety analysis form (JSA)
- Attach relevant work permits
- Include any supporting documents
- Return the work pack to your Watercare representative