Need help paying a bill?

Please contact us if you are having trouble paying your water bill, as we may be able to help.

Payment arrangements

If you have an overdue bill, we can help you set up payment by installments that are within your budget. Click the button below and our helpful chatbot will take you through the process.

Set up a payment arrangement

Or, contact us on  (09) 442 2222 press 2.

For more details of how we can help, and how we follow up and collect payments, see section 4 of our Debt management code of practice (PDF).

Water Utility Consumer Assistance Trust

The Water Utility Consumer Assistance Trust provides financial support to our residential customers who are struggling to manage their water and wastewater costs. Visit their website for information about:

  • How the trust can help
  • Who is eligible to be considered for help
  • How to apply

Downloadable forms

Social agency help

Work and Income NZ

You may be entitled to assistance from Work and Income. Contact them on 0800 559 009.

Visit website 

Help with your budget

You can get free advice on budgeting from the National Building Financial Capability Charitable Trust.

Other help agencies

Citizens Advice Bureau

Auckland Council property rates rebate 

The council’s rates rebate scheme helps people whose rates are high in relation to their income. To learn more, see the Auckland Council website. You do not need to contact us.