If you have sold a property, your solicitor will contact us to close your old account, and advise us of your new property. 

Moving in

  • If you have bought a property, the previous owner's solicitor will pass on your details to us. We will use these details to open your new account. You don't need to do anything. 

  • You should receive your first bill within 45 days of moving in. If you do not receive a bill within this time, contact us.

  • When you have received your first bill you can set up direct debit, recurring credit card, e-billing or an online account. See Manage account.

  • It’s a good idea to confirm that the water meter supplying your property is the meter on your bill. Which water meter serves my property?

Moving out

As the owner of the property, you are responsible for making sure your solicitor has:

  • advised us of the settlement date

  • requested a final meter reading

  • received and paid the final bill on your behalf.

Why has my Watercare account number changed?
alt=" "

Have you updated your details?

If you are registered with MyAccount and have sold or moved house, remember to update your account details.
Log in and select ‘Accounts’ to view the list of accounts you manage online. You can:

  • Remove the old account

  • Add a new account if applicable

Log in   Register