What could be the cause?
You may not have expected a higher than usual water bill, so you'll no doubt be wondering what could have caused this spike. A higher than usual bill could be the result of a number of things, but the best place to start is by looking at your latest bill.
Follow our step by step process below as a way to rule in and rule out possible causes.
Step 2 continued: Has your water usage changed?
Also, it is normal to use more water in summer than in winter months. Many activities, such as the below, can lead to a higher water bill.
- Have you been watering your garden more often?
- Did you leave outside hoses or sprinklers on by mistake?
- Have you used a water blaster lately?
- Have you recently filled your swimming pool?
- Have you been showering more often?
- Have you been landscaping or renovating?
If none of these things apply, go to Step 3.