Early 2023 – mid 2024
Kaipatiki Road, Easton Park Parade and Kahika Point Reserve
The Kahika branch sewer rising main has been in service for more than 50 years. Since 2017, four significant failures of the existing branch sewer rising main have occurred and as a result it has been identified as a high priority for replacement as part of our asset renewal programme.
The Kahika wastewater upgrade project includes the following works:
- Constructing a new two-kilometre-long wastewater pipe. It will be installed from the pump station in Kahika Point Reserve along Kaipatiki Road and up Easton Park Parade connecting to the existing Kahika branch wastewater line.
- Diversion of four small local network catchments away from the existing Kahika branch wastewater pipe.
- Decommissioning sections of the existing Kahika branch wastewater line.
Once complete, this project will contribute towards reducing wastewater overflows and discharges into the Kaipatiki Creek. It will also improve access to the rising main to support ongoing maintenance in the unlikely event of any future network failures.
Press play on the video to find out about the work involved to upgrade the wastewater network and how pipe pull trenchless technology is helping us keep community disruption to a minimum. Our team carried out a pipe pull from the Kahika wastewater pump station to Francis Kendall Reserve - that's 380 metres of pipe - and there was no need for extensive excavation.
Click here for an enlarged timeline
How will this project affect you?
- Work hours are typically from 7am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday
- While the work may generate some noise, please be assured that it will be kept to a minimum and within the allowable consented levels.
- We may need to prune and/or remove trees and other vegetation along the proposed pipeline route. Please note: replacement planting will be undertaken following the completion of the project.
Traffic Management Plan in place
Click here for an enlarged map
During the week commencing Monday 26 September, we are switching the direction of the one-way detour along Kaipatiki Road between Easton Park Parade and Stanley Road, and extending it along Easton Park Parade (shown in red on the map). This change will mean no access for vehicles to Easton Park Parade from Kaipatiki Road.
Traffic controllers will manage traffic flow and temporary traffic lights will be in place. Bus routes will be impacted during this time, so please refer to the Auckland Transport website or app. You may also notice the following changes along the pipeline route:
These traffic changes are temporary and are expected to be in place until December 2023. Any changes to the traffic management plan will be communicated to the wider community prior to them coming into effect.
Please email: [email protected]
November 2023 newsletter
September 2023 newsletter
August 2023 newsletter
July 2023 newsletter
May 2023 newsletter
February 2023 newsletter